What do all successful customer-focused organisations possess?
You can feel energy, so its tangible.
So why not measure positive energy?
Deﬁnition: a person’s spirit and vigour
Synonyms: activity, animation, application, ardour, birr, dash, drive, eﬀectiveness, eﬃcacy, endurance, enterprise, exertion, ﬁre, force, forcefulness, fortitude, get up and go, hardihood, ini9a9ve, intensity, juice, life, liveliness, might, moxie, muscle, cooperativeness, pep, pluck, potency, power, punch, spirit, spontaneity, stamina, steam, strength, toughness, tuck, vehemence, verve, vim, virility, vitality, vivacity, zeal, zest, zing, zip
Antonyms: idleness, inactivity, laziness, lethargy, tiredness
- Energy can be a positive or a negative force
- Its direction is influenced by other people, process and technology
- Positive energy is the essential element of every successful organisation
Energy generators in people:
- Personal belief ‐ alignment to values, purpose and behaviours
- Personal development – knowledge, understanding and cultural
- Empowerment -‐ the ability to act on your own thoughts and decisions
- Ability to inﬂuence – trusted adviser, seeing ac9ons that result form your input
- Autonomy – self-activation, successfully rising to challenges
- Pride – reﬂective satisfation perpetuates conﬁdence and ability
- Belonging to groups or communities -‐ sharing experience, knowledge and love
- Being part of something that is recognised as good quality, creative and valued
- Inspirational and relevant leadership
- Behaviours of those around you
Source of energy can be split into three:
- Projected from people around you
- Projected by the organisation
Can we identify energy…
- Drainers (Sinks)
- Wasted energy
- Base line for sustainability
- Time-sensitive peaks and troughs
- Net energy score
- Economic value of energy
Net energy score: How much an individual / group / organisation stimulates, minus how much they drain from others.
Positive energy = profit