Our guest panelists:
- Andy Incles, Head of Store Resourcing and Scheduling, Marks and Spencers
- Jonathan Cann, Global HEad of CRM, Namecheap
You’ve probably heard of unconscious bias by now. So how might it be affecting your ability to listen to your customers, and your employees?
We now have more data than ever. But the problem is that we can always find the data we need to justify our own views.
If you are hearing lots of things that you agree with, there’s a real danger that you’re in an echo chamber. The challenge – and the solution – is to find ways to change what you’re hearing, and how you’re listening to it.
Talk to some people outside your normal sphere of influence. Look at a different dataset. Actively read the negative comments in your survey. Then, and most importantly, take time to listen to what these genuine opinions are telling you.
Among the questions we discuss in this episode are:
- How do we choose who (and what) to listen to? And not just hear what we want to hear?
- How can we get a balanced view of employee experience when you have a large and diverse workforce?
- How might you use technology to bring you views from outside your echo chamber?
Don’t forget: you can get your questions answered by our ExperienceCast panel. Just send us your question, and we’ll feature it in one of our forthcoming episodes.